About Friendship Heart Gallery
Friendship Heart Gallery is a unique extension of Friendship Community located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The vision of Friendship Community is Impacting the World with Capabilities! Learn more about Friendship Community.
Art Created by Artists with Disabilities
Friendship Heart Gallery empowers adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities to pursue the creation of art as a way of developing skills, achieving self-expression, finding a meaningful role in society and moving toward economic independence.
- Through local and national means, it is our vision to involve our Artists to interact with the community in many ways.
- Our Studio and Gallery are handicapped accessible and invites participation of persons with disabilities whether or not they are part of Friendship Community.
- We hold classes for the general public, thus facilitating an artistic experience in the setting of diversity.
- We invite students and working Professional Artists to participate in workshops where their experience and skills will add to the artistic development of the program.
- We market artwork to promote the accomplishments of the Artists and to provide them with financial resources. We exhibit and sell artwork beyond the Gallery, by marketing on the internet and other local retail establishments. Public and private commissions, open houses, shows, libraries and commercial offices are also opportunities for exhibition and revenue.
- Ultimately, Friendship Heart Gallery will develop into a self sustaining business offering people exposure to, and involvement with, the creative work of people with disabilities. By encouraging persons with disabilities to develop personal feelings of worth and value, the visual arts offer everyone an opportunity to communicate in a new language, while destroying the stigma often associated with persons having disabilities.